We are committed to providing a safe and secure, home away from home for students boarding at UNISUS. Our boarding program starts with Grade 8 students. We offer two types of programs: full-time boarding for the academic year and a week-day boarding program for those who would like to experience the benefits of boarding and return home for the weekend.
A Unique and Memorable Experience
The boarding experience at UNISUS is unique. Our international school is attended by students from different countries and cultures around the world. Students live in a Cultural mosaic. Combined with a vigorous and internationally recognized program, this type of immersion is a key element to becoming a true global citizen.
For most students, this will be the first time they are away from their familiar environments. We understand the excitement and challenges associated with boarding. We have created a
year-long support program to help make this transition as seamless as possible.
The transition to life on campus begins with a comprehensive orientation program. Students experience a week-long mandatory orientation in September prior to the start of school. Our warm and dedicated boarding staff guides students through an on-boarding process to learn about our facilities and amenities. Students also have the opportunity to meet other boarding students through organized activities and events.
Ongoing Support and Services
Concierge services are available to assist boarding students with local and international travel arrangements. This includes airfare, hotel, and ground transportation, to and from home. We understand leaving home is a big decision. We have dedicated a member of our senior staff to focus on student needs throughout their entire boarding experience.
Full-Time Residential Coordinator
A full-time residential coordinator will be present on each dormitory floor. They will assist with student needs from the time they return from their classes until bedtime. On weekends and holidays our residential coordinators are on site 24 hours a day to offer the following support:
- Ensure a warm, safe, and home-like environment
- Organize and encourage participation in extracurricular activities
- Liaise with parents and school administration in case of illness or emergencies
- Enforce house values, standards, and rules
- Provide assistance where needed while nurturing independence
Modern and Purpose-Built Boarding Facilities
Living spaces are designed to balance privacy and social interaction. Spaces are configured and furnished with comfort and convenience as top priorities. Common areas are designed to encourage students to socialize and develop engaging and rewarding relationships with their peers and members of our boarding staff. These relationships form the fabric of a close-knit community, which serves as an important support system for students as they transition into this important phase of their lives.
Dormitories that Accommodate the Needs of a Modern Student
The dormitories consist of three floors. Each floor is designed and built to achieve a balance between security and convenience. Spacious and sun-filled rooms are designed and furnished to provide all the comforts of a home away from home.
- Located on campus and away from busy urban centres
- New building built in accordance with the latest fire, seismic, and safety codes
- Access controlled at all times. Public areas are monitored with surveillance cameras
- Each room is equipped with an emergency call station
- Residential coordinator on each floor to provide support and assistance
- Each room is equipped with lockable closets for students to store personal items
- Gender specific floors and sections
Through its large windows, students can enjoy the natural beauty of our park-like surroundings. The dormitory is located immediately next to our dining hall and student lounge. Ample space is available for students to participate in after-school extracurricular activities or just relax in the warm and inviting common areas.
- Spacious rooms with twin beds and an individual study desk (300 sq. ft and 9ft 8in ceilings)
- Each room is equipped with its own bathroom and shower facilities
- High speed fiber optic WiFi to stay connected with families
- Towels and bed linens provided by the school and are cleaned weekly
- Self-serve laundry or valet dry cleaning services available (paid service)
- Relaxation lounges equipped with visual and audio equipment
- International television programs and hobby games area available (managed and monitored by school)
A welcoming dining hall where students can socialize and enjoy their meals
The dining hall is equipped with a full service kitchen so a wide array of international cuisines can be offered. Our objective is to offer a balanced and nutritious diet while providing an opportunity for students to experience the richness and diversity of food and cultures from around the world.
- Healthy meals offered three times daily
- Snack and juice bar available off-hours
- Gluten-free and vegetarian diets available