Primary Years Programme (PYP)
Ignite. Inquire. Engage. — One Student at a Time
We believe early exposure to rich academic and cultural experiences ignite our students to become critical thinkers, global-minded citizens, and positive change-makers in the world.
The UNISUS PYP Junior School programme features an international curriculum framework that anchors our commitment to the development of each child as a “whole” person, introducing life skills that extend to expose students to discover new passions and areas of interest.
The PYP programme integrates subjects that cross traditional subject boundaries.
This approach teaches content but extends to include significant concepts to deepen understanding, think critically, and encourage students to find meaning in their learning.
- Encourage Inquiry-based approaches to honor and extend student curiosity
- Develop emotional and support strategies
- Support physical wellness and development
- Build critical thinking skills
- Take action to make a difference locally, nationally, and globally
- Gain international perspectives, appreciation and understanding through multicultural studies
- Reflect on real-world experiences
- Integrate technology to deepen learning
- Study global languages
- Inspire learning beyond the classroom through C.A.S.E. (creative, activity, service leadership, and enrichment) after school activities
- Commit to low teacher to student ratios; less than 22 students per class.