Location and Campus
A Sanctuary to Live and Learn
UNISUS is an IB World School located in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada. Summerland is a safe and vibrant community located 3.5 hours from Vancouver and 45 minutes from Kelowna, one of the fastest growing innovation and technology hubs in Canada.
The region boast the most desirable climate in Canada and is surrounded by organic farms and orchards, endless hiking and mountain biking trails, miles of inland beaches, rock climbing, and world class ski hills. The four distinct seasons and beautiful natural surroundings provide an ideal setting for year-round sports and extracurricular activities.
Our campus is steps away from nature's playground where you can explore the natural beauty of Canada through our outdoor experiential programs while developing critical future proof skills that are core to our IB programs.
UNISUS was the best choice for me - I love the outdoors, it keeps me energized, and there are so many possibilities for activities and programmed outings that are at the schools' doorstep. It also has the best weather in Canada - in Vancouver and the Island it's constantly raining. I couldn't think of a better Canadian experience.
- UNISUS Student
Top 5 Reasons Why Students Come to UNISUS
- Canada is known as one of the safest and friendliest countries for International students. The Government actively encourages international students to pursue post secondary and career pathways with the possibility of permanent residency. Canadian education is consistently ranked in the top 5 in the world and a top destinations for international students
- British Columbia students consistently perform in the Top 3 globally in academic achievements and English language proficiency according to OECD Program of International Student Assessment (PISA) for 15 year old students
- Summerland, British Columbus is a safe and vibrant community located only 45 minutes flight or 3.5 hr scenic drive from Vancouver. In addition to a safe and affordable cost of living, Summerland has one of the most desirable weather in Canada. The location is perfect for immersive language learning, away from the distractions of big urban centres.
- UNISUS is only one of the few IB World Schools in Western Canada that offers boarding to both local and international students. The gated 17 acre campus is equipped with a state-of-the-art security system and one of a few boarding schools with UVC-LED air cleaning and quality monitoring system. Nested in the midst of organic farms and orchards, students enjoy nutritious and international cuisines prepare by our own chef in our own dining room
- With a few minutes from the campus are miles of inland beaches, water sports such as kayaking, canoeing, and swimming along with miles of trails for hiking and biking. In the winter, students have access to a number of winter sports and recreation activities including hockey, downhill and cross-country skiing.
For the most desirable weather, no province in the country comes close to B.C.
Summerland and Penticton, the two communities southwest of Kelowna in the Okanagan Valley, topped our list this year for best weather. They’re virtually tied for warm summers and mild winters, with community averaging about 129 days above 20°C, and 255 days above 0°C.